Probelem With NECP Data

Mary Jo Nath Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV
Fri Sep 29 08:45:35 EDT 2006

Suraj,

You have two "sdfopen" statements commented out. That accounts for the
"File number out of range" error. However, you also will need to add
"(t=1)" to the expression for the variables in files 3 and 4 since the
time coordinate in netCDF files 3 and 4 is different than that in files
1 and 2, or  you could do "set dfile 3" then "set t 1" before doing the
second plot to reset the default time coordinate.

ex:

d sqrt(pow(uwnd.3(t=1),2)+pow(vwnd.4(t=1),2))
d skip(uwnd.3(t=1),3,2);vwnd.4(t=1)

OR

set dfile 3
set t 1
d sqrt(pow(uwnd.3,2)+pow(vwnd.4,2))
.
.
.
By the way, there is a grads "mag" function to compute the magnitude of
the vector wind:
"d mag(u,v)"   instead of "d sqrt(pow(u,2)+pow(v,2))".

MJ