GrADS on Suse10.0

Uwe Gramann weather at UNISERVE.COM
Fri Sep 22 17:49:02 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I have run GrADS on Windows now for years and would like to migrate over to Linux.  I have worked in Linux environments, but am certainly no expert.  I have just installed Suse 10.0 and GrADS 1.8s11.  I am mostly interested in gradsdods.

After encountering a 'segmentation fault' I found in old list messages that apparently gradsdods from v1.8s11 is flaky and I should try version 1.9.  After installing the RH3 version (since there is no Suse version available), I kept encountering missing library messages.  Searching the user-list again, GrADS has issues with Suse and it is apparently best to self-compile.

Well, that's where my knowledge is leaving me.  I do not know how to do that and wonder if anyone has a Suse 10.0 compiled version or if I should install Redhat (the computer is older ... I can play with it ;-)?

Thanks for your help and Cheers,
Uwe