Hurricane identification method

J. Matias Mendez Perez matias at TROPOSFERA.ATMOSFCU.UNAM.MX
Thu Sep 14 19:29:29 EDT 2006

Hello GrADS users,

I have upper and surface 6-hr data (zonal wind, meridional wind,
temperature, precipitation, sea level presure, etc.). I need to identify
hurricanes and their tracks for a period of 20 years. I have used criteria
to identify them like minimum pressure center, maximum wind speed, using a
script. The problem is when there are more than one hurricane in the
region at the same time, the script just identifies the system with the
lowest pressure center. I'd like to  identify hurricanes separately and
plot trajectories one by one. Does anybody have a script to do this?, any
suggestions are welcome. I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much.

Regards from Mexico
Matias