ctl templates

Jose Augusto Paixao Veiga jaugusto at CPTEC.INPE.BR
Wed Sep 13 10:28:43 EDT 2006

Dears,
I have been used grib2ctl.pl script to deal with grib data in grads. I've
been  created several .idx and .ctl archieves from my grib data files. Then,
I would like to deal with all those .ctl files using just one .ctl file with
the options template inside it, however when I open the template.ctl the
following message rises:

ga-> open fnl_0403.ctl
 Scanning description file:  fnl_0403.ctl
 Open Error:  Can't open Station/Index map file fnl_0403%d2_%h2_00.idx
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> index ^fnl_0403%d2_%h2_00.idx

  The data file was not opened.

my .ctl file with templates starts as

dset ^fnl_0403%d2_%h2_00