grads output

Stegert stegert at IFM.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Tue Sep 12 12:12:30 EDT 2006

Dear Francesco,
I think the best way is simple ASCII data to be opened by excel (and ay
other).
With
dat = write('output.txt',variable,append)
you can write the content of 'variable' into 'output.txt'.
The append enables appending the data to file.
So for a whole matrix you can do it in a loop of:

while (counter < number_of_lines)
 var2 = ''
 while (line < number_of_colums)
   var2 = var2 ' ' var_to_add
 endwhile
 dat = write('output.txt',var2,append)
 counter = counter + 1
endwhile

Here, you permanently add values to 'var2' and write them into the file.
E.g. var_to_add could be
 'd pressure'  [when x,y,z,t fixed]
 var_to_add = subwrd(result,4)
and with each 'number_of_...' the dimensions in a GrADS field could be
changed...
With this writing a 2d field from GrADS to ASCII (and read in excel).

Hope that helped
Christoph

--
Christoph Stegert
Intitute  for Oceanography - (ZMK/ZMAW alliance member)