Changing size of portion of station plot

Dan Leins theedge981 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 4 18:09:16 EDT 2006

All,

I would like to know if it's possible to change the size various elements of
a traditional station model.  For example, right now I am using station data
to plot station models over a fairly small area, I display winds, sky cover,
vsby, and wx but I don't bother to clutter it with temp and dewpoint. I'd
like to know if I could display ONLY the visibility value larger than any of
the other values without making everything bigger.  Right now the only thing
I've been able to do is set digsiz 0.13 and plot the data, but this makes
everything bigger and all I'm really aiming for is the visibility value.  I
also thought about plotting just the winds and vsby with a large digsiz,
then resize to a smaller size (0.08) and plotting everything else.
Unfortunately when I overlay my smaller station model on top of the larger
one, it just doesn't look right.  Does anyone know if there is a way I can
set digsiz on the fly within the display command?  How about just plotting
the vsby w/o the winds, then going back and plotting the rest of the model
w/o the vsby?  Can this be done?  I've really had a hard time finding
anything that resembles a solution online and it seems like most station
plots I've seen keep the size constant throughout the model.  Anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks!

Dan