eofudf fatal error

Mike gamemusicmaker at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 30 19:35:28 EST 2006

Hello!

I am running grads Version 1.9b4 on a linux PC

I recently compiled the eofgrads udf found here:

http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/~munnich/grads/EOF/

added all the necessary info to my udf table:

eofudf 2 6 expr value value value value char
sequential
/usr/local/grads/udf/eof/eofudf
eofudf.in
eofudf.out

when i run the command:

ga-> eof prmslmsl (where prmslmsl is the slp field in my grib file, and t is
set from 1 to last)

I get the following error:

      Writing data to transfer file...
      Executing eofudf binary ...

      EOFUDF Version 0.152
 Fatal ERROR in eofudf: (Error No.           -2 ).
 Error reading 1st record from transfer.
1
Error from eofudf: Invalid transfer file format
  File name: eofudf.out
Operation Error:  Error from eofudf function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = eofudf(prmslmsl,21,12,-1,70,prmslm_)
   eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP

Here's a listing of the files created in this directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 user group     88 Oct 30 19:26 eofudf.out
-rw-r--r-- 1 user group  31948 Oct 30 19:26 eofudf.in
-rw-r--r-- 1 user group 646884 Oct 30 19:26 eof_in.gad

So I have write permission in this directory, but the eofudf.out file isn't
being written correctly/completely? I added the directory containing the
libcxa file to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, is there anything else that might cause this
error?

Also it prints out that it's version 0.152...is this just a mistake in the
source code, or is version 0.155 not the one in the source tar on the page?

Thanks!

Mike