ZDEF

Mateus da Silva Teixeira mtex2k3 at YAHOO.COM.BR
Mon Oct 30 11:41:18 EST 2006

Dear GrADS users,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or is a problem with my CTL files, but
always that try to use negative increments in ZDEF, like
ZDEF 19 LINEAR 1000 -50
I get the following error:

Open Error:  Missing or invalid dimension increment value
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> ZDEF 19 LINEAR 1000 -50

  The data file was not opened.

But when replace the above ZDEF line by this
ZDEF 19 LEVELS 1000 950 900 850 800 750 700 650
            600 550 500 450 400 350 300 250 200
            150 100

It works. I'm using the version v1.9b4 32-bit. However, when using the
version v1.8s11, any error do occur with negative increment in the CTL file.
Is this a bug of the new version?

Thanks

Mateus