Help with GrADS, libdap++.a and libnc-dods.a library

Alessandro Raolil raolil at LE.ISAC.CNR.IT
Fri Oct 27 04:27:58 EDT 2006

Hi, i’m Alessandro, i work in a meteorological center in Lecce (south Italy).
I’m trying to install GrADS (grads-1.94b) on my system (i’ve mandriva free
2007 on x86 pc) but i’ve some problems with gradsdods component.
The “configure” say me that are missing libdap++.a and libnc-dods.a
libraries.
I’ve downloaded libdap-3.6.2.tar.gz from
http://www.opendap.org/download/libdap++.html and libnc-dap-3.6.0.tar.gz
from http://www.opendap.org/download/nc-dods.html but, when i compile, i
obtain libdap.a (and not libdap++.a) and libnc-dap.a (and not
libnc-dods.a) and “configure” always say me that are missing libdap++.a
and libnc-dods.a libraries.
If i try to create symbolic links

libdap++.a -> libdap.a

and

libnc-dods.a -> libnc-dap.a

and run “make” in grads dir, i obtain a lot of errors just referred to
libdap++.a and libnc-dods.a

Can someone help me, please?!?

Thanks
Alessandro

P.s: is missing ligadods.a too, for the second gradsdods component, but
i’ve no idea where i can find this library (in a google search i obtain
only 2 results, not useful)