回复: eof in grads

dongdong happydong365 at YAHOO.COM.CN
Fri Oct 27 02:36:12 EDT 2006

Hi friends,
   I meet with the same problems when installing eofgrads in station. I did add eofudf entry and set GARDFT variable, what's the matter? I have been troubled for days, Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
  my steps are:

1. Our machine is SGI,so i download
eofgrads_sgi.tar.gz and unpack it at my home path

2. follow suggestions by the web
chdd at weather:~> pwd
/weather4/chdd/
chdd at weather:~> tar -zxvf eofgrads_sgi.tar.gz
chdd at weather:~> mkdir -p GrADS/GrADSscript
chdd at weather:~> cp eof.gs GrADS/GrADSscript
chdd at weather:~> mkdir -p GrADS/UDF
chdd at weather:~> cp eofudf GrADS/UDF
chdd at weather:~> vi GrADS/udft
eofudf 2 6 expr value value value value char
sequential
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf.out
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf.in
chdd at weather:~> vi .bash_profile
export GASCRP=/weather4/chdd/GrADS/GrADSscript/
export GAUDFT=/weather4/chdd/GrADS/udft
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/lib

  After that, I did eof analysis in GrADS and it comes with a warning.
ga-> q file
File 1 : data.uvq.ERA/q%y4.grb
  Descriptor: q.ctl
  Binary: data.uvq.ERA/q%y4.grb
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 144  Ysize = 73  Zsize = 23  Tsize = 540
  Number of Variables = 1
    qprs 23 133 ** Specific humidity kg kg**-1
ga->
ga-> q dim
Default file number is: 1
X is varying   Lon = 70 to 140   X = 29 to 57
Y is varying   Lat = 0 to 60   Y = 37 to 61
Z is fixed     Lev = 1000  Z = 1
T is varying   Time = 00Z01SEP1957 to 00Z01AUG1958  T
= 1 to 12
ga->
ga-> eof qprs
      Writing data to transfer file...
      Executing eof binary ...
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'eofudf' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = eofudf(qprs,12,12,-1,70,qprs_)
   eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP
ga->