Installation and linux!

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Thu Oct 26 08:50:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 08:12:56AM -0400, Frank Colby wrote:
> Bob,
>
> We run FC3 on two of our systems, and the generic linux binaries work
> just fine.  We don't use the DODS version, so I suspect you will have to
> install the extras that were mentioned in a previous reply.

Indeed, there seems to be binary incompatibility only with the dods
libraries, certainly because there is some C++, and the C++ abi is less
stable than the C abi in fedora.

Another issue is that there may be some security issues in the old
libraries, for example, if I recall well vulnerabilities have been found
in libz or libwww which may affect the statically linked grads
executables.

--
Pat