install eofgrads

dongdong happydong365 at YAHOO.COM.CN
Tue Oct 24 21:23:33 EDT 2006

Hello friends,
  I have tried to install EOFGRADS tool from
http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/~munnich/grads/EOF/index.html,but
GrADS warns me with " 'eofudf' not a variable or
function name "
  I think it maybe wrong with UDF. Do you have any
experience with User Defined Function? Appreciate any
suggestions,thank you all!
  my steps are:
1. Our machine is SGI,so i download
eofgrads_sgi.tar.gz and unpack it at my home path

2. follow suggestions by the web
chdd at weather:~> pwd
/weather4/chdd/
chdd at weather:~> tar -zxvf eofgrads_sgi.tar.gz
chdd at weather:~> mkdir -p GrADS/GrADSscript
chdd at weather:~> cp eof.gs GrADS/GrADSscript
chdd at weather:~> mkdir -p GrADS/UDF
chdd at weather:~> cp eofudf GrADS/UDF
chdd at weather:~> vi GrADS/udft
eofudf 2 6 expr value value value value char
sequential
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf.out
/climate4/chdd/GrADS/UDF/eofudf.in
chdd at weather:~> vi .bash_profile
export GASCRP=/weather4/chdd/GrADS/GrADSscript/
export GAUDFT=/weather4/chdd/GrADS/udft
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/lib

3. Do eof analysis in GrADS
   After opening file and setting areas, I signed "eof
qprs". and it comes with a warning.
ga-> q file
File 1 : data.uvq.ERA/q%y4.grb
  Descriptor: q.ctl
  Binary: data.uvq.ERA/q%y4.grb
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 144  Ysize = 73  Zsize = 23  Tsize = 540
  Number of Variables = 1
    qprs 23 133 ** Specific humidity kg kg**-1
ga->
ga-> q dim
Default file number is: 1
X is varying   Lon = 70 to 140   X = 29 to 57
Y is varying   Lat = 0 to 60   Y = 37 to 61
Z is fixed     Lev = 1000  Z = 1
T is varying   Time = 00Z01SEP1957 to 00Z01AUG1958  T
= 1 to 12
ga->
ga-> eof qprs
      Writing data to transfer file...
      Executing eof binary ...

Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'eofudf' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = eofudf(qprs,12,12,-1,70,qprs_)
   eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP
ga->

Can you help me ? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Dongdong

--- "matias at atmosfera.unam.mx"
<matias at TROPOSFERA.ATMOSFCU.UNAM.MX>写道: