simple script problem

Diane Stokes Diane.Stokes at NOAA.GOV
Thu Oct 19 20:05:34 EDT 2006

Hey, Barry.

In addition to Dave's comments:

Your if-statements need a semi-colon after the condition, eg:

if (hr = 1); hour = "00Z" ; endif

Your "full sky" label will lead to the same filename problem Dave
mentions.  Perhaps "full_sky" will help.

Also, printim won't yield a post script file.  It will produce png or
gif.  For postscript, you want something along the lines of:

'enable print filename.gm'
'print'
'disable print'
Then, outside of grads, use gxps to convert the grads metafile to
postscript.  Or you can use the bang command to call the gxps from
inside the script, eg:
'! gxps -i filname.gm -o >> 'stat'_'season'_'hour'_'type'.ps'

I don't know if that will cover everything, so write back if you have
further problems.

    Cheers!
      Diane

--