Grads on Slackware 11 - segmentation faults due to a severe case of versionitis

Jennifer M. Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Oct 19 18:53:57 EDT 2006

Jean Pierre --
Current public builds of GrADS use DODS version 3.2 and were built
with gcc version 2.9. These versions of the libraries and the
complier are now in retirement, and in many operating systems are
dead and gone. If you can find or install the old version of gcc on
your box, then you can probably build 1.9b4 from source with the
linux supplib tar file we provide.

If you do not have gcc version 2.9, then you must build a more recent
version of DODS (OPenDAP) and then you have to fiddle with the
configure script and/or the Makefile in order to get a build of
gradsdods. I have used DODS 3.4 successfully on linux, but it does
require a bit of mucky-muck. If you can build DODS 3.2, then I would
use Patrice's -enable-dynamic-supplibs mods and I bet it would find
the new version of dods and create a usable makefile.

Jennifer

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302