Could not retrieve add offset

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Fri May 19 13:10:41 EDT 2006

Diane,

This is something else that mystifies me.  I've heard many times of this
segfaulting problem with templated sdfopen data.  Yet, we do this here every
day without problem.  I'd begun to wonder if Solaris did something right
with memory management that everyone else got wrong, as unlikely as that
seems.  However, now I have to wonder if you aren't on to something with
your "correct metadata" notion.  I've been known to be obsessive about
internal metadata in NetCDF files.  %}  It helps in so many ways, *if*
folks know about it and know how to access it, either via the NetCDF
API or via the ncdump command from Unidata's NetCDF suite.  Memory
management problems, however, are notoriously difficult to debug.  >SIGH<

-Hoop