problems with grads and ms windows

Antonio Parodi antonio at CIMA.UNIGE.IT
Tue May 9 07:13:22 EDT 2006

Hello
I have installed grads for MS Windows (Uses native windows; Getting
 win32e started </grads/Getting_win32e_Started.html).
 My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition.
 I have tested the installation using the example files provided with
 grads package and everything works properly.
 Then I have tried to visualize one grib file (200 Gb) containing the
 output of the limited area model Lokal Model and in this case grads
 crashed suddenly.
 This is the error message:

 AppName: gradsdods.dll     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: gradsdods.dll
 ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 00040cb7

 Moreover a number of grads commands such as gribmap and gribscan do not
 work for my windows installation
 The strange thing is that one friend of mine tried to visualize the same
 grib file with the same ctl file under linux and it works!!!
 Do you have any comment or suggestion?
 I would be also interested in installing grads on my alpha machine +
 debian, does it exist an package for this architecture?
 The one provided by the grads website, when it is compiled, generates a
 number of errors....
 I hope that someone can help me :'(
 All the best
 Antonio
ANTONIO PARODI Ph.D
Universita' di Genova
CIMA   Centro di Ricerca Interuniversitario in Monitoraggio Ambientale
Via Cadorna, 7      17100 Savona        Italy
Phone: +39 01923027218   Fax: +39 01923027240
mailto:antonio at cima.unige.it    http://www.cima.unige.it