How to find global extremum?

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Fri Mar 31 19:34:12 EST 2006

Witek,

Another way would be to use "set gxout stat" with loops over "z" and
"t"... please find attached a script "var_min_max.gs" (with also a
"pause.gsf" script...)

In the "var_min_max.gs" script, replace the "..." with your parameters...
----
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*  Specify GrADS ctl file
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ctl_file = '...'

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*  Specify names for min/max variables
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

var_name = '...'

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*  Specify time level number(s)...
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

tlev = '...'
----

I hope this helps,
Chuck

 Charles Seman                                charles.seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect
any position of the Government or NOAA."