Calculating Seasonal Averages in grads

Bill Bua Bill.Bua at NOAA.GOV
Thu Mar 30 17:25:13 EST 2006

Megan --

Try using the time increment option in the ave function like so:  d
ave(<variable>,t-1,t+1,12) for monthly data, centered on the middle
month of the season. If your anomaly time series starts with January,
you'd want to start with January of the second year (t=13 for your
data).  Note that if any data is missing (say you don't have Dec.), the
average will be computed using whatever months are available.

Hope this helps,

Bill Bua