problem to access to DODS remote files

Carlos Naranjo "Kingest" cnaranjo at KINGEST.COM
Tue Mar 21 07:27:28 EST 2006

Before describing the problem, I request excuses to you by the errors that
can commit writing in english and to thank for your help.

I have instaled in my web server(fedora core 2) GrADS 1.9b4 (linuxRH7.1),
with the purpose of acceding to remote data DODS to make maps and to keep
them in png format.

The problem it is that whem i try use in "gradsdods" "ga>sdfopen
http://...."  it gives "segmentation fault" error.

For make more tests, i put in my web server a DODS file
"tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc", whem i use a local address to open i haven´t any
problem:

gradsdods -b

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf dods dods-stn
lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Running in Batch mode
ga-> sdfopen /home/hosting/public_html/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
/home/hosting/public_html/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
SDF file /home/hosting/public_html/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc is open
as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -88.542 88.542
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 2006:1:1:0 2006:1:1:0
ga->
-------------------------------

But whem i try to do it with the url to the same file it gives "segmentation
fault" error:

-------------------------------------

ga-> sdfopen http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
Violación de segmento

I have been trying with "gradsnc" too:

gradsnc -b

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Running in Batch mode
ga->  sdfopen http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
nc_open failure:
No such file or directory
http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc does not exist
or is not a netCDF file.

Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
If this was an HDF-SDS file, try gradshdf.
ga->
and with gradshdf too:

gradshdf -b

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf hdf-sds netcdf lats
printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Running in Batch mode
ga->  sdfopen http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc
http://www.hostingxion.com/meteo/mapas/tmax.2m.gauss.2006.nc does not exist
or is not a netCDF/HDF-SDS file.

Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
ga->

"gradsnc" and "gradshdf" with the file local address i haven´t got any
problem.

i readed in this mail list about delete the dirrectory ".DODS_chache" to
solved the problem but i tried and still with the problem.

Can somebody help me?.I am without knowledge that I can more do and than new
things to try

Thanks you very much
a greeting from Spain, Carlos