wrf_to_grads background map

Brian Jewett jewett at ATMOS.UIUC.EDU
Mon Mar 20 15:54:24 EST 2006

Jeffrey,

Are you using the latest releases of WRF and of RIP?  There was a problem
earlier with the location of the background map, and as I recall the problem
affected the nest but not the coarse grid ... and this problem has been fixed
in newer releases.

    Brian Jewett

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:35:23 -0500
  JEFFREY S GALL <jsg229 at PSU.EDU> wrote:
>I just started using the wrf_to_grads program.  I successfully created the
>necessary .dat and .ctl files.  When I plot, sea level pressure, for example,
>the background map of country borders is displaced from where it should be.
>have a hurricane moving through the center of South America.  When I used
>RIP,
>sea level pressure was plotted correctly.  How do I go about fixing this
>problem?  Thanks,
>
>--Jeff
>Jeffrey S. Gall
>PhD Candidate
>Department of Meteorology
>Pennsylvania State University
>Office: 601 Walker
>Phone:  814-232-0590

Brian F. Jewett, Ph.D
Research Scientist & Instructor, University of Illinois
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Email:  bjewett at uiuc.edu
Ph:  (217) 333-3957 (W), 244-4393 (fax)