gradshdf disabled problem in fc4

WD ZH wdzh_cn at YAHOO.COM.CN
Tue Mar 14 08:02:50 EST 2006

Hi Pat,

  Now I have realized hdf4 might be all the problem.

  I noticed the "-DHAVE_NETCDF" issue, it has bothered me a lot.

  The INSTALL file of HDF4.2R1 is not very clear for me, and I do not know where shoud I put the "-DHAVE_NETCDF" in.
  CFLAGS?
  LDFLAGS?
  CPPFLAGS?
  CXXFLAGS?
  FFLAGS?
  I have tried many times...for LDFLAGS, I have make install error saying undefined reference to 'sd_ncxxx'
  For other flags, I could have install passed, but there seems no "rename the HDF version of the C-interface(ncxxx) of the netCDF API to sd_ncxxx " as INSTALL said.
  And every time the HDF-SD C interfaces tests failed in make check whether the make install passed or not.

  For GrADS, the "checking for netcdf 3 interface" became "yes" when I disabled gradshdf.

  The problem now is somewhat not referring to GrADS, I have wrote NCSA HDF Helpdesk a email, but no reply yet.

  Do you have any experiences about this?

  Thank you very much.

  --
  Grus

Patrice Dumas <pertusus at FREE.FR> 写道:
  > I attached my new log files
> Could you help me about this?

By chance, did you compile hdf with -DHAVE_NETCDF? And also could you try
with the latest tarball I've done? It should solve your issue if you indeed
used -DHAVE_NETCDF.

> checking for netcdf 3 interface... no

That one is somewhat strange, and maybe to worry about, and maybe not...
But if you have errors later it may be linked with that (cannot link
nc_inq_libvers).

> checking for ncopen with hdf link flags... no

That's the issue. You may want to use nm and/or objdump to look at the
symbols defined in your libraries.

--
Pat