help grads

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 13 07:11:09 EST 2006

Dear Arpita,

I think you should have written to grads mailing list and not directly
to my address. You can see the grads email address at the top of
this message, as I sent a copy of it to the list.

Anyway, let's see if I can help:

On 3/12/06, arpita at prl.res.in <arpita at prl.res.in> wrote:
> Hi
> I am a postdoc student working with GRADS. I have a problem. i have a
> binary data file for the whole globe of 1.25*1.25 degree containing
> precp.evap. i need to plot india
> i gave set lon 60 120
> set lat 0 40
> d p4
> it plots india together with oceans, can u suggest how i can plot only
> over landmass.

Search for maskout function in grads help pages. With it you can
choose where to plot a given variable based on the values of a 2nd variable.
So you will need an ocean/land mask (a variable that is 1 over land and 0 over
ocean, for example).

> also i need to plot over certain parts of india. the sum/monthly data for
> ceratin grids for the whole month.
> i gave
> d sum(p,t=1,t=30)
> it plots for whole india
> kindly suggest some help

Again, if you need to select a region, you need a mask for that region.

Cheers,

Henrique