syntax error help

Kristian Nilssen knilssen at WEATHER3000.COM
Tue Mar 7 05:18:32 EST 2006

Nice one. I had some tabs AFTER the line "myvar = panelindex * 6 + 1".
It took me a few hours to write my grads script and 24 hours to debug a
stupid syntax error like that. Why is the grads language so strict
regarding whitespace? I presume the grammar is written for lex? It would
be a fairly simple matter to sort out the annoying issue of tabs.

regards,
Kristian.

Prince K. Xavier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try removing tabs, if you have used any. It looks like you have used
> it to
> indent lines.
>
> cheers,
> Prince
>
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 bernd.becker at METOFFICE.GOV.UK wrote:
>
>> Initialize c=0 in the loop over r?
>>
>> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 17:25, Kristian Nilssen wrote:
>>> why do i get a syntax error on line 8?!? ...
>>>
>>> columns = 4
>>> rows = 5
>>> c = 0
>>> r = 0