error GXSTRT

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Mon Jun 19 15:32:00 EDT 2006

Nelsie,

The error message means that Grads was not able to find an X windows
server when you started Grads.  Your computer must have an X windows
server installed and running, before you can use Grads in interactive
mode.  There is a discussion of the X windows requirement on the Grads
downloads page:

   http://grads.iges.org/grads/downloads.html

The X windows server is independent system software.  It is beyond the
scope of the Grads users list.  There are different X systems for
different computer platforms.  Please consult your system support group
or computer consultant for further assistance with the X windows server.

--Dave A.
CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Physical Sciences Division