regrid2 and fwrite

Megan Linkin mlinkin at ATMOS.UMD.EDU
Thu Jul 20 10:10:36 EDT 2006

Hi all-
I'm trying to regrid the NCEP reanalysis sensible and latent heat from a
T62 Gaussian grid to a 2.5x2.5 lat-lon grid using box averaging.  I've
written a simple script below that runs, but when I plot the data on the
new 2.5x2.5 grid, it bears little similarity to the original data, and all
the features seem to be slanted.  I can't quite determine if the data has
just been smoothed during the regridding,thus changing some of the
features, or if there's a problem with the way I'm writing the file.  I'm
assuming that regridding the data should not make a drastic difference in
the features. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.  Thank
you!
~Megan
Script:
'reinit'
*
'open /data/temp4/megan/decdata.ctl'
*
*
'set fwrite /data/temp4/megan/sensible_heat_flux7904.data'
'set gxout fwrite'
*'set x 1 192'
*'set y 1 94'
countt=1
while (countt<=7)
   'set x 1 192'
   'set y 1 94'
   'set t 'countt
   'define shtflx = regrid2(htfx,2.5)'
   'set lat -90 90'
   'set lon 0 360'
   'd shtflx'
   countt=countt+1
   endwhile
'disable fwrite'
'quit'

Megan Linkin
Graduate Research Assistant
CSS 2330
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
301-405-7093
mlinkin at atmos.umd.edu