NARR to GrADS

Stegert stegert at IFM.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Thu Jul 6 12:13:54 EDT 2006

Dear William,
for using a GrADS file you need the Control-file (ctl) which hold
information
on the structure of the binary file (Dimensions and variables).
If you received/downloaded the grads file from the NARR-page, it
should be given.
For starting GrADS at best you read the documentation
(http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/index.html - Download Hard Copy Doc)
e.g. p. 16 Tutorial on basic plottings
and p. 21 on GrADS data sets and the CTL
and use the HTML documentation for questions on specific commands:
(http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/index.html - Download HTML or online
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html).
I think these are the best to start with. If you have still problems
with the
GrADS file I'd need to know the data structure.
Greetings

--
Christoph Stegert
Intitute  for Oceanography - (ZMK/ZMAW alliance member)