Grads scripting language

Eric DeWeaver deweaver at AOS.WISC.EDU
Tue Jan 31 16:59:03 EST 2006

Hi Tom,

In case you're not aware of it, there is a python-based language
called CDAT, produced by PCMDI, which works with grads control files.
Personally, I find the grads scripting language much easier
to use.  Then again, CDAT has lots of powerful and useful features,
and of course all the python goodies.

The page for it is http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov/software.

High on my wish list would be a matlab interface, similar to the
"readnc" function for netcdf files.  I've written something like this
for fortran90, but it's a little dated.

Best Wishes,

Eric