India meteorological subdivisions

jon Jon.K.Eischeid at NOAA.GOV
Mon Jan 23 12:09:19 EST 2006

Hi Jennifer,

Can you tell me why the your maps are different (slightly) than those shown
by the Indian Inst of Trop Met?  Region 27 (Chattigarh) is shown by the
tropmet
but your maps seem to merge this region in with region 20 (East Madhya
Pradesh)...
but the data I download from tropmet includes the region 27 (Chattigarh)
AND a region
20 (East Madhya Pradesh)....

I am trying to link the data (from tropmet, subdivison) with your
polygons; should
I take the division numbers literally from tropmet...?

Regards,
Jon