GrADS and grib2

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Mon Jan 23 10:49:25 EST 2006

Steve,

   Wgrib2 is working at the functional level of the original wgrib.  New
features
are still in development.  So the code is usable now, just the new
features will take
a long time to appear without some help.

    Compiling wgrib2 will be as challenging as the grib2<->grib1
converter.  That can't
be avoided as the GRIB2 format uses png, jpeg and libz compression
provided by
other libraries.  Anyways compiling is pretty painless on a linux box
(ok, my linux box).

         Wesley Ebisuzaki

wgrib2:  http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib2/index.html