control file

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti davide at CEAM.ES
Fri Jan 13 05:05:47 EST 2006

I will try to help. I don't know about windows version of GRADS and it's
tutorial, but it seems that the problem is you are trying to open, from a
path (I don't know what), a control file located in another path (c:
\Programs\Pcgrads\win32e\). So the content of the "DSET" option of the
control file is crutial. Maybe this content is pointing to a data file that
should be located on the same path you are running GRADS, as this:

DSET [name of the data file, without a path]

In this case you should go to the path "c:\Programs\Pcgrads\win32e\" first
or edit the control file adding a "^" before the name of the data file.

See the "DSET" control file option in the "Elements of a GrADS Data
Descriptor File" of the "Users Guide".

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti.