how to use AVE to get yearly time serial?

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Tue Jan 10 11:23:01 EST 2006

Hi dongdong,

I'm not sure if this will help, but one thing you could try is this:

'set t 1 522'
'define zyear = ave(Zprs,t+0,t+11)'

"zyear" would now have 522 time levels, each time level containing a
forward yearly average from the current time level.

Please also see: http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/variable.html#new

I hope this helps,
Chuck

 Charles Seman                                charles.seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect
any position of the Government or NOAA."