problems with maskout command in the plot of station data

Isilda da Cunha Menezes isilda at UEVORA.PT
Thu Feb 23 06:22:39 EST 2006

Hello!
I have some problems with maskout command; probably I'm doing something
wrong.
Some days ago, a grads user told me to use the maskout command to obtain
only the shaded of station data (obtain by oacres) inside of Portugal. I
have a orography data for Portugal and I created of this file a file with
the value -1 outside and 1 inside of Portugal and I made a ctl file such
for a Grid. But when I run my Ari-shaded.gs where I open my ctl of mask
and my ctl of station data(ARIDEZ.ctl), in the grads, it didn't recognise
the maskout command, it told me was wrong.

My ctl file of mask is:

dset  mascara.dat
title mask
undef -999.
options sequential
xdef 399 linear -9.494 0.008284
ydef 625 linear 36.9639 0.00827
zdef 1  linear 1 1
tdef 1  linear jan1999 1yr
vars 1
bb 0 99 mask
endvars

My Ari-shaded.gs is:

'reinit'
'set mpdset hires'
'set display grey white'
'c'
'set display color'
'set grid off'
'set gxout shaded'
'open grid.ctl'
'set csmooth on'
'define gridas=aa'
'open ARIDEZ.ctl'
'set dfile 2'
'open mask.ctl'
'set lat 36.5 42.5'
'set lon -10 -6'
'set vpage off'
'enable print C:\Programas\PCGrADS\win32\aridez-indS-control.gmf'
'set t 1'
'set grads off'
'set ccols 4 3 7 8 2 6 15'
'set clevs 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.4 1.8 2.0 2.5'
'd oacres(gridas,ARC)'
'd maskout(oacres(gridas,ARC),bb)'
'set clab auto'
'run cbar.gs'
'draw title Control'
'print'
'disable print'

Please help me to understand where the problem is and what I’m doing wrong.

Isilda