also problem: grid undefined

bhatt vihang vihang_75 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 22 05:04:40 EST 2006

dear thomas,

if you are talking about era40 datasets then netcdf
files are available. you need to choose perticular
option to make netcdf file. i have era40 netcdf files.

if data size is not too large pl. send me a sample
file on vihang_75 at yahoo.com. i will see the problem.
if i solve it, i will learn it also.

regards,

vihang bhatt

--- Thomas Spengler <thomas.spengler at ENV.ETHZ.CH>
wrote:

> Dear vihang,
>
> >this is for a perticular year or every time you
> face
> >the problem. i suppose you have not downloaded the
> >file correctly. try netcdf file.
> >
> It is not for a particular year but in general when
> the forecast step is
> larger than 9, i.e. two-digit.
> ECMWF works with GRIB files, hence no NetCDF files
> are available, hence
> you have to use grib2ctl and gribmap to be able to
> visualize it with GrADS.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Vihang Bhatt