Using gradsnc to read the CCSM3 POP (ocean) data

Jamie Scott James.D.Scott at NOAA.GOV
Thu Feb 9 11:10:53 EST 2006

The POP ocean model grid is not a regular lat/lon grid.   It's on a
pre-projected grid that
I don't believe GrADS supports.   |'ve always interpolotated POP
grids to regular lat/lon
grids in order to plot them in grads.   Compare your data to that
from PCMDI/IPCC to see
if they are on the same grid.  I suspect the PCMDI data has been
interpolated if it works with
sdfopen/grads.