CHSUB and grads1.9b4 for Intel/Linux

Mircea Mihaela m.mircea at ISAC.CNR.IT
Tue Feb 7 05:32:04 EST 2006

Hi,
does somebody know why CHSUB gives the following message:
 "NetCDF Error (nc_get_vara_float): Index exceeds dimension bound" for the
Intel/Linux version 1.9b4 of grads?

I have the version 3.6 of netcdf and the file I use is ca. 0.4GB.

I do not have any error if I do "sdfopen filename".

I get the error I wrote above if I do in a ctl file:
"DSET %ch
CHSUB 1 n filename"

"n" is the no. of records for time as given by ncdump.

Same ctl and gs files works with the SUN version of grads 1.9b4.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

All the best,
Mihaela