Grads scripting language

bhatt vihang vihang_75 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 2 00:05:27 EST 2006

hi,

it is true that grads gives segmentation faults for
large amount of iterations. i also faced the same
problem when i was converting the binarry files in
ascii. but it was also true that the segmentation
faults came at different spacial location in different
machines. I worked out the same script and data on
three different HP-UX machines having different RAM.

I believe segmentation faults dependes a lot on system
environment and memory managment of the program. I
think grads needs to improve upon the memory
managment.

i feel that grads is not able to handle a large amount
of data. (try to plot etopo2 for globe at its original
resolution).

well each software has some limitations but one must
understand the way in which the arrays are being
processed for any application software.

hope the discussion will continue.

vihang bhatt

Vihang Bhatt