problem in fwrite

suha aslam aslamsuha at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 29 04:43:53 EST 2006

Dear gradsusers,

I have 5 files (1.grd,2.grd....5.grd) of slp for time
jan90, jan91 ...jan94, written seperately using
'fwrite' in a script. Each file has 'only one time'. I
combined these files as follows,

cat 1.grd,2.grd....5.grd > result.grd

When I open this 'result.grd' using a ctl file the
values are same for all 5 timesteps ie. Grads plot is
same for all time steps from 1 to 5. Before combining
the files, different time steps gave different
contours. After combining the files (result.grd), all
the plots were same as that of the first time step.
What is wrong? The ctl file is given below.

DSET result.dat
TITLE 1.0 degr grids
UNDEF -99.90
XDEF  30  LINEAR  88.5 1.0