regrid2

diego diego333medina at YAHOO.ES
Wed Dec 13 12:03:21 EST 2006

hi

$ cat readme.regrid2

                    REGRID Installation Notes

                           version 2.0

                          Mike Fiorino

                        fiorino at tenkimap.com

             510-423-8505 (voice) 510-422-7675 (fax)

Changes
-------

20010801 -- fixed bug in input gaussian calculator,
??_igNN where
NN is a number of gaussian latitudes now works.

---------------------------------

The file regrid2.tar.gz contains the the source,
makefile, docs and
user-defined function table for version 2.0 of the
GrADS
user-defined function regrid.  The source file
contains lots of
routines used by other udfs and those being developed.
 Future
releases will clean this mess up a bit.

Be sure to ftp regrid2.tar in binary mode.  Also,
regrid requires
that you are running V1.5+ of GrADS.  You can get the
latest
version by anonymous ftp to

grads.iges.org
cd beta

Installation steps:

1)      Decide where to install regrid.

The makefile and these instruction will assume you
have installed
GrADS in a directory call /home/myhome/grads

2)      Copy regrid2beta.tar to /home/myhome/grads

3)      tar -xvf regrid2.tar

makes the directory /home/myhome/grads/udf and
/home/myhome/grads/udf/regrid2

4)      cd udf

go the the directory which contains the file
udft.regrid2.  This
is the file GrADS looks to when locating the
user-defined
function executable.

5)      cd regrid2  (you'll be in
/home/myhome/grads/udf/regrid2

go down to the regrid2 directory.

6)      edit Makefile and change

REGRID_DIR = /home/myhome/grads

I'm using the portland group compiler on my linux box
so you'll
have to change the CFT and LDR options

7)      make -f Makefile

makes the executable file regrid2 in
/home/myhome/grads/udf/

8)      edit /home/myhome/grads/udf/udft.regrid2

and change the location of the execuable, e.g., it
should be

regrid2 1 8 expr value value char value value value
value
sequential
/home/myhome/grads/udf/regrid2
udf.regrid.gfi
udf.regrid.gfo

9)      setenv GAUDFT
/home/myhome/grads/udf/udft.regrid2

in your .cshrc/.login file.

or      export
GAUDFT=/home/myhome/grads/udf/udft.regrid2

in sh and ksh (.profile)

This tells GrADS where regrid is located and the name
of the
input and output files.

10)     consult the documentation files in
/home/myhome/grads/udf/regrid2

regrid2.txt is the doc and udf.txt comes from Brian
Doty and
describes udfs in general.

GOOD LUCK and please contact me email if you should
have any
question regarding the installation and use of
regrid....

Mike