gradsdods and NLOM currents

Kristian Nilssen knilssen at WEATHER3000.COM
Mon Dec 11 11:11:01 EST 2006

I can not download currents from the NLOM dods server (or any other
source, anyone had any luck?) Fedora core 6, 32bit machine...
gradsdods -l
ga-> sdfopen
http://supply.nrlssc.navy.mil/cgi-bin/nph-dods/NLOM32/2006/currents/V6TPERSGFOMOD_20061101.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
http://supply.nrlssc.navy.mil/cgi-bin/nph-dods/NLOM32/2006/currents/V6TPERSGFOMOD_20061101.nc
SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.

All I want is currents data - netcdf or grads or anything really. Anyone?

On a lesser note, I also tried this on a 64 bit fedora core 6 machine
and it is broken rather than just not happy with the file...
Built Thu Dec  7 17:02:56 EST 2006 for x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:
   o This is a 32-bit LITTLE ENDIAN machine version.
   o Command line editing (readline) ENABLED.
   o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface ENABLED.
     Use sdfopen/xdfopen to read NetCDF files.
   o DTYPE netcdf is ENABLED; DTYPE hdfsds is DISABLED.
   o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) gridded data interface ENABLED.
(http://opendap.org)
     This version is configured to access gridded data on OPeNDAP servers
     via the sdfopen or xdfopen commands, or using DTYPE netcdf.
   o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) station data interface DISABLED.
   o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface DISABLED.
     This version is NOT configured to write GRIB, NetCDF, or HDF-SDS files.
   o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI DISABLED.
   o NRL/DAO/PCMDI XA or ImageMagick Image Output DISABLED.
   o printim command for direct png/gif output ENABLED.
     (via the GD Library -- http://www.boutell.com/gd)

ga-> sdfopen
http://supply.nrlssc.navy.mil/cgi-bin/nph-dods/NLOM32/2006/currents/V6TPERSGFOMOD_20061101.nc
Scanning self-describing file:
http://supply.nrlssc.navy.mil/cgi-bin/nph-dods/NLOM32/2006/currents/V6TPERSGFOMOD_20061101.nc
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_create
Aborted

regards,
Kristian.