回复: 回复: how to get seasonal time series?

dongdong happydong365 at YAHOO.COM.CN
Sat Dec 2 06:06:48 EST 2006

Thank you Katherin, what's more, The fwrite variables do not consistent with what I defined. Perhaps I should change the title.

I wrote the defined water flux out and reopened it in grads. Surprisingly, the figures are not identical.

I attached my files. These descriptions are:
form.vint.WaterFlux.gs To define waterflux and write out to GRADS fwrite file
fuq.vint.ctl To open the fwrite file in grads
define.fuq.gif horizontal water flux which I drawed after defining it
fwirte.fuq.gif horizontal water flux but form fwite file
grads_process.txt commands I issued in grads

Can any one help me finding out the problem?
Thank you very much! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!
Best Regrads

dongdong

----- 原始邮件 ----
发件人: Katherin Kullgren <kullgren at CRCES.ORG>
收件人: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
已发送: 2006/12/1(周五), 下午10:00:10
主题: Re: 回复: how to get seasonal time series?

This is what i used to extract a seasonal time series for JJA from a monthly time series for 1950 - 2000
This example is precipiation, so you would sum the values. If you were doing it with Temperature, or somthing else, you would average the value. Simply change sum(***) to ave(***)
Hope this helps.

* This creates the JJA season of Prate from Jun1950/Aug1950 - Jun1999/Aug1999 (50 years)

'set gxout fwrite'
'set fwrite jja_prate.data'
imap = 6
jmap = 8
while (imap <= 594)
'd sum(prate,t='imap',t='jmap')'
imap = imap + 12
jmap = jmap + 12
endwhile

'disable fwrite'

Thank you for your reply! But, what I need is a JJA series (range from 1958 to 2000), not a climatological variable. I am sorry if i did't make myself clearly.

I found a letter simily to my question, and Charles Seman suggested to write out the results to a GrADS fwrite file. I tried, but the fwrite variable isn't the same as what I defined.

I attached my files. These descriptions are:
form.vint.WaterFlux.gs To define waterflux and write out to GRADS fwrite file
fuq.vint.ctl To open the fwrite file in grads
define.fuq.gif horizontal water flux which I drawed after defining it
fwirte.fuq.gif horizontal water flux but form fwite file
grads_process.txt commands I issued in grads

Can anyone help me finding the problems? Thanks in advance.

PS. my work here is checking whether my fwrite variables are the same as what i defined. I haven't calculated JJA mean here. I will do that after solving this problem.

Best Regards
dongdong