gfs grib data

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Wed Aug 30 09:49:30 EDT 2006

Lee,

       To convert from grib2 to grib1, try using the program "cnvgrib"
written by Steve Gilbert of NCEP/NOAA.  "wgrib2" doesn't have
the ability to write grib1 files.

             Wesley Ebisuzaki

All,

    Grib2 files are much smaller than grib1 files.  Downloading grib2
and converting them to grib1 can be faster than downloading grib1 files.

              Wesley