Wind barb size and winds less than 5kts

Bill Bua Bill.Bua at NOAA.GOV
Mon Aug 21 11:03:13 EDT 2006

set digsiz (the same thing that handles the size of digits when plotting
data with fgrid) <size in vpage units>.  I'd recommend a size of about
0.1 or 0.09.  You can also thin the barb plotting using:
d skip(<windvariable1>,<number of grid points to skip>);<windvariable2>

Also see grads users' guide at http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/index.html

Hope this helps.