Quit when an error occurs

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti davide at CEAM.ES
Thu Aug 17 04:24:25 EDT 2006

I think I'm also interested in that question, if I understand. If I'm
correct, the last reply is not what Marcus is asking for. The problem is not
to quit GRADS if no parameter is supplied externally to the GRADS program.
The problem is that, when executing GRADS programs in batch mode using
"grads -bl -c", if an error ocurrs in the GRADS program, no error exit code
is given to the operative system (SO). Instead of that, the GRADS command
line appears, so the "grads -bl -c" SO command keeps running until is
manually killed, as Marcus said.

So, as I've explained, in GRADS programs running on batch with the "grads
-bl -c" command, is there a way to force GRADS to give an error code to de
SO when an error ocurrs in the GRADS program, instead of showing the GRADS
command line?.

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti.