Quit when an error occurs

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Wed Aug 9 16:43:56 EDT 2006

Marcus,

I'm not sure if I understand your question?

Here's a way to quit a GrADS script, depending on whether you're in
batch mode... When running in batch mode, you can supply the parameters
to the script which you would otherwise type in after being prompted in
an interactive run (I hope this makes sense?)... the "if-then" test on
"batch_mode" would also be used to determine whether to parse out the
"args" parameters...

---
function basic (args)
'reinit'

if( args = '' )
  batch_mode = 'no'
else
  batch_mode = 'yes'
endif
if( batch_mode = 'yes' )
  quit
endif
return

I hope this helps,
Chuck

---

--

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/