From model to pressure/height coordinates? Coordinate Transformation

Spengler Thomas thomas.spengler at ENV.ETHZ.CH
Thu Apr 13 08:48:05 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I have a question regarding coordinate transformation within grads.

I have a NetCDF model output on terrain following coordinates. Now instead of plotting the horizonal coordinates against the model levels in the vertical in a cross-section it would be of much more interest to plot the horizontal coordinates against pressure or height.

The vertical coordinates I am using are simple sigma coordinates and also hybrid coordinates (ECMWF output).

It would be great if some of you have a solution or a script on how to handle this kind of problem.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Thomas