Help to read grib files

Diane Stokes Diane.Stokes at NOAA.GOV
Tue Apr 11 13:04:48 EDT 2006

Dear Idowu,

That's just a warning message.  It's possible that reasonable variable
names were chosen for your data.  Did you try to run gribmap on the new
ctl file yet?

    gribmap -v -i sample_grib_file.grib.ctl
The "-v" (verbose) option is important as it will tell you which records
matched.  Other options may be necessary as well, but the above is a start.

If gribmap does not work, please post your control file to the list.
That may help us to help you.

Also, where did you get your sample grib file, sample_grib_file.grib?

     Diane

--
Diane Stokes
Environmental Modeling Center