Monsoon Data

Ben Burford benb at RESTEC.OR.JP
Thu Sep 29 03:22:08 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I'm interested in the following precipitation data on the COLA DODS server:

Indian Monsoon data: meteorological fields and precipitation served by the C
enter for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)

It appears to be global gridded .5 x .5 degree daily precipitation data, whi
ch would be very useful to me.  Can anyone tell me where I can find document
ation on this data?

Is it global data, or only for the Indian (monsoon) area?

There appears to be a separate dataset for 2002.  Is this an extension of th
e main (1977-2001) dataset?  Will this dataset be updated (2003 and beyond)?

Thanks very much for your help.

Ben