problem with grib2ctl

mario frangipane frangix at YAHOO.IT
Fri Sep 23 05:30:30 EDT 2005

Dear Wesley,
I wanted to spcecify that the "grib2ctl" script indicates the error "undefined parameter table (center 98-0 table 162), using NECP-opn", but it creates however the ".ctl" file.
But the "gribmap" command it does not write the ".grib.idx" file.
The output of "gribmap" is: "GRIB file format error, rc=53".
For this I do not succeed to read the file with GrADS.
Thanks,

      Mario

Wesley Ebisuzaki <wesley.ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV> ha scritto:
Mario,

ECMWF grib table 162 has not been added to wgrib as indicated by the
error message. The ECMWF web
site has the table but it doesn't include names. If someone has the
table with (semi-)official names in the
suggested format, I'll be happy to update the wgrib source code.

For the time being, the control file probably works. You just have
to remember to
"d albedo" to see the divergence.

Wesley Ebisuzaki

suggested format: ascii text file, parameter-number:name:description
[units]

0:name:comment
1:name:comment
255:name:comment