drawing plot with one time per day

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 21 14:03:05 EDT 2005

Dear Luis,

I think you want to plot the average, because ploting 365 fields on top
of each other won't work. Here's how you can do it:

set t 1
umean=ave(u,t=1,t=last,2)
vmean=ave(u,t=1,t=last,2)
d skip(umean,vmean,2)

The last parameter in ave() function is a step. Therefore, the last 2
tells grads to consider only t=1, t=3, t=5,.... If your time step
is 12z and the first time is 0z, then the average will be done
only for the 0z fields. Starting at t=2 does the job for the 12z fields.

bye,
Henrique