incompatible licences and other issues

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Mon Sep 19 18:53:29 EDT 2005

A colleague who knows French somewhat has suggested a possiblity that,
in light of Patrice Dumas admitted difficulties in English, might clarify
something.  In his original post on this topic, he described some code
that comes with GrADS as "strange".  My colleague suggested that, of the
two French words "etrange" and "etranger", Patrice may have meant the latter,
meaning the code is foreign, a stranger, in some sense, to GrADS.  That would
have relevant meaning as well as a certain amount of validity.  The former
would, still, be a confusing term to use in this case, to me at least.

-Hoop